Monday, January 31, 2022

Open Letter To Oskar Deutch : FAILURE OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM AND THE LACK OF SUPPORT




o.deutsch@ikg-wien.at

office@ikg-wien.at


Dear Herr Deutsch,


As a childhood close friend to Beth Alexander and as a Jewish mother of two Jewish children, I am writing to you to ask for your help to reunite Benji and Sammy with their loving Mother.


This might just be one of many emails or cases to You, but please try and understand that for the Boys and their Mother, this is their only life and unfortunately, the reality of it.


I have known Beth since 1998 for 24 years and have spent summers with her and her family in Manchester and later together with my family in Budapest. She is one of the most intelligent, caring, funny and empathetic people I have come to know in my life and the failure of the justice system and the lack of support towards her from the Jewish community in Wien deeply saddens me.


No one should ever have to go through this single most traumatic experience I can imagine in life, the loss of contact with their children, be it in any way.


I beg for your empathy here, in honest hope that you would look into what happened in these boys' case and help in any way that you can, given your respectful and impactful position in the community.


I sincerely wish You well and all the best in your endeavours and thank You for your time to read my message!


Kind regards,


Judith Edelstein


No comments:

Post a Comment