Monday, January 31, 2022

Open Letter To Oskar Deutch : WOULD YOUR WIFE/MOTHER/DAUGHTER THINK THE CURRENT ARRANGEMENT IS SUITABLE?

 






o.deutsch@ikg-wien.at

office@ikg-wien.at



Dear Oskar Deutsch


I hope you are well.


I have read some recent newspaper articles in the international press about the case of the Schlesinger twin boys who are approaching their batmitzvah age.


My wife and daughter were quite alarmed that Beth, their mother, has been denied any reasonable contact with her sons.


Would your wife/mother/daughter think the current arrangement is suitable?


I personally would think it wrong to deny a mother of two small boys reasonable contact.


I believe that tens of thousands of people in the UK, including the Chief Rabbi, have expressed dismay at the current situation, which clearly needs to be resolved.


My wife and I visited Vienna in 2011 and found the Vienna Jewish community to be friendly and vibrant, but unfortunately this situation has cast a very shadow over our memories of the city.


Happy to discuss further with you at an agreeable time. 


Kind regards


No comments:

Post a Comment