Monday, January 31, 2022

Open Letter To Oskar Deutch : SHOCKED

 



o.deutsch@ikg-wien.at

office@ikg-wien.at


Dear Mr Deutsch.


I was shocked to hear that British born Beth Alexander is still forbidden to have any contact with her twin sons who are living with their father in the Vienna Jewish Community. 


Tonight I had yahrzeit for my late mother who volunteered for 70 years for WIZO. She was also a member of the Chief Rabbi’s Women in the Community committee in the UK, together with the wonderful late  Lord Rabbi Jonathan Sacks. When I lit the candle for my mother, I said a prayer for Beth and her sons. As a grandma of twins I can’t imagine the heartache that Beth and her family have been going through for so many years. 


How can any Jewish religious leaders or leaders and members of a Jewish community let this continue? My mother Shirley Berwin zl would be horrified to think that after all her hard work as Life Vice President of WIZO UK that a Jewish community could let this be happening in 2022. 


Please please do what you can to help this appalling situation and help Beth be reunited with her sons. She has already missed out on far too many years of their lives and they have missed out on having contact with their own mother,


Beth’s plight is being made public again after many of us were sure that she must have been reunited with her sons years ago. It is being publicised in the world media and on social media. Be assured that thousands of people including the Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis and many esteemed politicians are 100% behind Beth. 


I look forward to seeing a quick and positive outcome to our efforts globally to help Beth.


Sincerely 


Anne Bechar

Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment