Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Open Letter To Oskar Deutsch : GROSS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE



o.deutsch@ikg-wien.at

office@ikg-wien.at


Dear Mr Deutsch,


My name is Rebecca Fisher. I am an English and Israeli lawyer and a member of the London and Tel Aviv Orthodox Jewish Community. I had the pleasure of studying with Beth Alexander at Cambridge University, where she was a kind and gentle friend to everyone around her. If I had to use words to describe Beth they would be: Sweetness. Honesty. Calmness. Humility. Affection. Love. Warmth. Honesty. Intelligence. Depth. Understanding. Modesty.

I also had the pleasure of attending Beth's wedding to Michael in Manchester, where they seemed very much in love and we all celebrated what seemed like the beginning of a beautiful future together. I hoped Beth and Michael would create a home of love, laughter and safety, and when I heard that Beth was expecting, I could only dream of the kind, loving, gentle mother that she would become.

Unfortunately as we are all aware, things took a different turn.

I am writing to you today to beg that you consider the benefits that Beth could bring to her children's lives and that you use any influence you may have in order to push for a future for her and her dear children, a future that involves both parents being present in their lives.

I am aware that other concerned followers of this sad story are also reaching out to you at this time. Please take this as a sign of the love that so many people have for Beth and our strong conviction that a gross miscarriage of justice has occurred here. The voice of a community can make a difference, and if Beth could have the support of the Austrian community in her hour of need, we trust that your community's voice would be listened to.

I cannot imagine my sweet and gentle friend Beth in an abusive or violent marriage, or being deprived of the ability to care for her children. I hope and pray that justice will prevail, and that Sammy and Benji can be blessed with the benefit of both parents in their lives. Anything that you can do, and any open-mindedness that you can bring about, will be highly appreciated by me personally, and by thousands more who love Beth.


Best wishes


Rebecca Fisher


No comments:

Post a Comment