Thursday, February 3, 2022

Open Letter To Oskar Deutsch : MY MOTHER WAS THERE

 


o.deutsch@ikg-wien.at

office@ikg-wien.at

Oskar Deutsch 

When I had stomach pains in kindergarten. 

My Mother was there.


When I had struggles with school. 

My Mother was there.


When I needed a lift, physically and metaphorically...

My Mother was there.


When I split my head. 

My Mother was there.


When my Art teacher at school showed ZERO support. 

My Mother (&Father) were there.


When my brothers had challenges  at Cambridge University. 

Our Mother was there.


When we were sick. 

Our Mother was there.


When we needed advice. 

Our Mother was there.


When we needed home cooking, even away from home. 

Our Mother was there.


When we felt lost and stressed. 

Our Mother was there.


When we simply needed a hug. 

Our Mother was there. 


..... because we experienced all of this, our departed Mother, who passed away September 10th 2021, is with us all the time.

Beth Alexander and her 2 boys, have been grossly and unjustly deprived of all these experiences.

Part of the essentials of growing up. 

Learning the tools to deal with the world that a loving Mother can offer. 

Creating beautiful memories that will stay with them till they breathe their final breath. 

As Morrie Schwartz said in the book "Tuesdays with Morrie" Death ends a life, but NOT a relationship."


She has been refused even the most basics of a relationship.


It's SHAMEFUL and it hurts!!


It hurts her family, it pains her friends, but it's nothing in comparison to the pain inflicted on Beth, a truly loving Mother. 


Herr Oskar Deutsch, I really hope you had such a loving relationship with your Mother. 

Don't deny Beth Alexander and her two boys, the exact same rights.

I would not wish her situation on you Herr Deutsch, or on anyone else for that matter.

By any barometer, IT IS SIMPLY NOT RIGHT. 


Fix it please.


Steven J Selig.


#openletterstodeutsch #reunitingbethwithhersons


No comments:

Post a Comment