Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Open Letter To Oskar Deutsch : LACK OF SUPPORT AND EXCLUSION

 



o.deutsch@ikg-wien.at

office@ikg-wien.at

Dear Mr Deutsch,

I am writing to you again about the same case, mainly because I am not able to see whether my previous email was received, and it is very important you get these emails and get the chance to read them properly.

I hope this email finds you well.

As you already know, I am very concerned to hear about this case of a young mother who has been denied ALL CONTACT to her two sons, for no obvious reason at all. I understand she is a good, capable mother and loves her sons more than anything. Her experience in the Jewish community in Vienna seems to have been one of lack of support and exclusion. This is where you, as a leader of the community, have an opportunity to help out. In addition, the children's father, a member of your community, has the option of allowing more contact with the mother. As a leader, who clearly cares about the well-being of the families in the community and its children, you have the opportunity to try and mediate so this should happen. Children need their parents and grandparents, however bitter their parents' relationship should have become (and you could say even more so in those circumstances).

It is simply very hard for me to understand how a community, who clearly takes their children's well-being and education seriously, would not cry out against something like this. Of course I don't know all the details of the case but, if you know differently, feel free to share that information.

I would very much appreciate a response from you, with any further information and what you feel you can do for Beth and her boys, as this is an issue that now concerns a large group of people around the world. We all care about justice for parents and families and the well-being of children after divorce. As a mother of two boys myself, I can only imagine the pain of a mother not being able to see her children. It makes me very uneasy that something like this could happen in the modern world, with supposedly sound legal systems and in a country where I also have spent some time living and where I felt safe and welcome in my time.

You CAN help. Please don't waste that opportunity.


Best regards,

Kirsten Simons


No comments:

Post a Comment